Friday, November 9, 2007

The dress I made the day before, not out of laziness, procrastination, or being a busy working mom of 4... all reasonable excusses. However this little dress scared me. I was completely intimidated by a piece of fabric. Silly?! Yes!

So, why make it? I could easily go to JCPenny and by one or borrow one from family. The problem with that is that I really wanted to make it. I felt and feel so strongly that it is just one of those strong convictions that move us and push us beyond our comfort zone. This was definately it for me. I have taught myself how to use many tools and to some using power tools may be intimidating but to me I am more nervouse about the sewing needle blazing through my finger than I am of my table saw spit a chunk of wood at me, or the whirl of the mider saw. At the same time when I press the foot pedal I get an adrenaline rush, like I am flooring it in the Z3. How funny is that?!

I was afraid of making a mistake on her blessing dress. It wasn't my dres. It was Katies'. My girlfriend Jana came to the rescue in true mom fasion. Jana has made oddles of blessing dresses. She is extremely GREAT! at making them. She said she would coach me and not do it for me which was exactly what I wanted. So on Saturday I had my confidence in check Jana at my house and I was ready to roll. I took my sweet time making sure I was happy with each step I was doing. It turned out beautiful. I was exhausted by the end and poor Jana was too. She was running on 4 hours of sleep plus 8 hours of making a blessing dress. This was a prime example of true friendship.

The next mornng Church was at 8am she was there with her 6 kids & hubby Brandon supporting us. After the blessing she brought her family over to visit and share in this special day.

No comments: